Graduate Emma Lands Dream Job With NARS
Emma first started out with GlamCandy when she was 14 years old attending our Makeup Club For Teens, and continued on from them to our Sunday classes for a couple of years. She then took the leap and studied HNC Fashion Makeup when she was 16 years old. Emma, now 19, has went from working for Benefit to bagging herself her dream job with NARS doing counter work in John Lewis. Recently, she attended the NARS AW Seasonal 2022 launch down in London.
Emma wanted to continue her studies with GlamCandy as she really enjoyed the atmosphere and found the full team very friendly. It was like nothing was a problem to them and the full team just gave off a good vibe. In the next 5 years, she is hoping to become an official trainer with NARS and excel through the company, sharing her knowledge and expertise with other aspiring makeup artists. Emma’s favourite type of makeup to do on clients is Fashion Editorial. This style of makeup is used for fashion magazines or runways, interpreting a story that the director, photographer or client is trying to create.
As well as makeup, Emma also enjoys dancing and singing, which she used to be involved in a lot when she was younger. Basically, anything creative is her vibe!
She has also been a model for us here at GlamCandy, featuring in some shoots for our students such as the Pro Course – Bridal Shoot. If she could pick one celebrity to do makeup on she would love to do Lady Gaga’s and one item from her kit bag she can’t go without would have to be her NARS Laguna Bronzer.
To finish off we asked Emma if there was any advice that she would give to people considering starting makeup – “makeup can be challenging at times, but keep pushing yourself and you will get there.”
Emma’s 10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Pornstar Martini
- What’s something you always travel with? My iPad
- What’s your guilty pleasure? True Crime Documentaries
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Zac Efron
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I like rap music
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Low rise jeans
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? To be able to talk to animals
- Describe yourself in a hashtag? #Tall
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? My first pair of shoes
- Where would you want to live, besides where you are just now? London