HNC Student Carsons experience
Our HNC student Carson Steel (@vroomvroomcreations_) sat down with us to speak about their experience so far with GlamCandy. They’re currently studying HNC Makeup Artistry and they are looking forward to working towards their HND in the near future.
“My experience so far in the college has been really fun, I’ve enjoyed it a lot. I love learning about Editorial Fashion and working on the photoshoots, getting to work with all the models and learning about what goes on behind the scenes. It’s an experience I won’t forget.”
Their favourite unit has got to be learning through the decades, where you learn about all the techniques and styles through the years to inspire your creativity.
Before starting with GlamCandy, Carson wanted to get into SFX and be working on TV and Movie sets behind the scenes. However, since starting with us, they have now shown some interest in the Editorial and Fashion side of things and would love to explore this a bit more. In 5 years time, Carson would love to be on their own two feet in the business and have a well known name in the makeup industry.
Out with makeup, Carson really enjoys video games and photography. If she could pick someone famous to do their makeup she would love to do Mötley Crüe, Americas heavy metal band that was formed in 1981.
“if i could give anyone a piece of advice that is looking to go into makeup, it’s to just go for it and do it, you wont regret it.”
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR HNC COURSE
Carsons 10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Venom
- What’s something you always travel with? Monster
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Proud of them all – possibly J Pop?
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Keifer Sutherland
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? Favourite colour is green and pink
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Crocs
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Telepathy
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #mode
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Music Taste
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? America