HNC Student Cassie’s Experience
We spoke to our HNC student Cassie Mcrorie (@beauty_bycassiex) about her time with us so far at GlamCandy.
Cassie joined our HNC course in February. She decided she wanted to enrol in our HNC course to learn more about makeup and build on her knowledge. She wanted to achieve her qualification to help her reach her end goal of owning her own salon and work as a freelance artist.
“I have learnt so much already in the short amount of time I have been with GlamCandy, it has been a lot of fun”
Cassie decided to study with us because she felt as though she would learn more up-to-date makeup and trends.
“I love the look of fuller lashes, full coverage skin and colour on the eyes”
Cassie’s favourite style of makeup to learn is full glam. You will mainly see full glam makeup on social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok. This type of makeup is your tutorial style, and the main type of makeup people will go for when they are going to an event or out at the weekends.
The highlight of the HNC course for Cassie has been learning about current makeup. She has really been enjoying learning about trends and practicing cut creases and colourful eyeshadow looks.
“In 5 years time, I can see myself working in a salon, hopefully my own”
As well as loving makeup, Cassie also enjoys playing football and going ice-skating. Her dream clients would be Adele, Mimi Webb, Cariad Ryan and Paige Louise. Her go-to products in her makeup kit are primers and a blush, she loves the PLouise block o’clock primer.
We asked Cassie if there was any advice she would give to those who are considering a career in Makeup Artistry.
“If you’re considering makeup, do it, if it is what you love, do it”
10 Quick Fire Questions
- What’s your favourite makeup brand? Plouise or revolution
- What’s something you always travel with? Phone
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Sunshine on Leith
- Who was your first celebrity crush? George Shelley
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? Obsession with James Arthur
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Socks and sliders/flip flops
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Invisibility
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #talkative
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Teddy bear
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Barcelona