HND Student Amy’s Experience
Amy Noble (@amynoblemua) is currently studying HND Makeup Artistry course here with us at GlamCandy. She feels her experience so far has been great, from learning the makeup tips and tricks to getting help with finding jobs and new opportunities. She enrolled with us as her goal was to learn more about makeup, especially SFX. Her highlight has been meeting everyone in her class and told us that they’ve became a really close group of friends who regularly meet up outside the college.
“Before joining the course, i always felt i would want to dive into the glam side of makeup and focus on becoming a freelancers and getting girls ready for the weekend. Now i feel i would be more suited to a faster paced role, focusing on photoshoots and theatre productions.”
In the next 5 years, she hopes to have ticked some of these makeup events off and be working on a TV production set!
Amy’s favourite style to learn has been the Characters unit, especially when they were learning about the bald caps and added extras. The Characters Unit focuses on a variety of character make-ups including makeup for TV, Film and Theatre.
“If i could give aspiring makeup artists any advice it would be to Take more risks and just go for it, what do you have to lose?”
If Amy could chose one celebrity to do their makeup, she would love to get the opportunity to do Harry Styles!
Amy’s 10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Blue Lagoon
- What’s something you always travel with? Charger for my phone
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Lewis Capaldi
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Roary the Racing Car
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? Bent pinky – I don’t have a joint in it.
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Low rise jeans
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Reading minds
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Crazy
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Teddy
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? London