HNC Student Kimberley’s Experience
Kimberley (@Kim_little_mua) is currently studying HNC Fashion Makeup here at GlamCandy. She has loved every minute of her course so far and advised the highlight to her journey has been the photoshoots. So far, she has worked on two photoshoots that she has thoroughly enjoyed one from Black History month that is now getting featured in a magazine which she worked on alongside tutor Holly. The other one was a photoshoot Kimberley completed herself assisting a student photographer in a Victorian themed shoot. She enrolled in the course with the end goal of having a career in the makeup and looks to owning her own salon one day.
“I heard the advert for GlamCandy on the radio and i just thought ‘i need to go for this!’”
Her favourite makeup to learn has been through the decades, especially the 1940’s as she feels this style of makeup suits most peoples faces and there are a lot of techniques in this style that we use in Before enrolling with GlamCandy, she felt like she would want to work on theatre and TV sets, however has since changed her mind and feels her passion is now in owning a salon and possibly lecturing other aspiring makeup artist students. In the next five years, Kimberley wants to own at least one salon, potentially two, and be lecturing other students. She said she has always wanted to become a teacher but just didn’t know what route she wanted to go down until she discovered makeup.
Outside of makeup, Kimberley likes to do anything arts and crafts or DIY, she also likes spending time with her children who allow her to become as creative as possible. If she could pick one celebrity to do their makeup, it would have to be Holly Whilloughby. We asked Kimberley what piece of advice she would give to anyone considering starting their makeup journey –
“just go for it, jump in with two feet and no wellies. You’ll be fine, you’ll manage and just enjoy the ride!”
Kimberley’s Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Something with Tequila Rose, because it’s like strawberry milkshake.
- What’s something you always travel with? Phone
- What’s your guilty pleasure? House Renovation programmes
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Michael Jackson
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I’m actually quite a quiet person!
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Big slug like, block eyebrows…
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Flying
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Chaos
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Doll – or my love for Michael Jackson?
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Canada!