1. In the event of a student failing (other than due to the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school) to attend the confirmed course or complete the course for any reason (including but not limited to: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc) no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be gained.
2. Your right to cancel
You have the right to cancel your enrollment within 14 calendar days under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. The cooling-off period starts the day after you agree to go ahead with this contract. All cancellation requests should be put in writing to us.
If you cancel your enrollment:
More than 45 days prior to the start date, your deposit will not be refunded;
- Between 31- 45 days prior to the start date your deposit will not be refunded and 50% of the full balance of the course will be due immediately;
- 30 days or less prior to the start date the full balance of the course will be due immediately.
- If monies are not paid we reserve the right to appoint a debt recovery agent. If you do not pay your course in full at time of booking it is a mandatory requirement that all students are set up on a payment plan via GlamCandy.
3. Unless a payment plan has been approved with GlamCandy, the balance of the full course fee should be paid to GlamCandy no less than 45 days prior to the commencement date. Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in the deposit being forfeited.
4. Upon notification of the commencement date no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least one month’s written notice being received by the Administrator, who reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. The applicant can make only one change of date.
5. Your place on a course is not confirmed until GlamCandy has received the full deposit.
6. A student is accepted for enrollment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter, which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
7. Students will not be accepted on the commencement date unless full payment of fees has been arranged. Certificates or diplomas will not be issued until all amounts due to GlamCandy on any basis have been paid in full.
8. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
9. Hours, Attendance & Achievement
First Day of your Course/Module – Students are encouraged to make every effort to attend on the exact date and time stated on their Confirmation Letter. If you are aware in advance that you are unable to attend you should highlight this at time of booking. It is important that we are made aware of this to ensure a positive learning experience is maintained throughout your course. Attendance is key to your achievement within the course.
11. For assessment-based courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. You are required to spend additional time after the course to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified.
12. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance in the first 4 weeks of your course. Failure to meet this requirement will result in your expulsion from the school. No refund of any fees paid will be given if you are expelled for any reason.
13. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the School’s Director without prior notice however no student will be disadvantaged as the required hours will always be delivered.
14. The School will be closed on all public holidays applicable to the location of the school. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course nor reduction in fees given. No student will be disadvantaged by this as the required hours will always be delivered.
15. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfillment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the Creative Director is final in all cases.
16. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
17. It is regretted that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
18. The wearing of the School’s uniform is required for all students unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Dress Code.
19. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Student Development Director who also reserves the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. His/her decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
20. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
21. Students unable to understand or speak English will not be permitted to take part in practical sessions without the assistance of a suitably qualified interpreter. The interpreter must be arranged at the expense of the student.
22. Course content and their elements and fees may be subject to change however we will notify you of any such changes in advance.
23. Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
24. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student and should be read by all students. Only a Director of GlamCandy shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
25. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including any form of cheating during an assessment/exam or damaging or removing any equipment belonging to GlamCandy they will be asked to leave immediately and no refund of any fees paid will be given.
ALL STUDENTS MUST ADHERE TO THE COMPANY’S POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR AND ATTENDANCE POLICY AND FAMILIARISE THEMSELVES WITH THE STUDENT DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE BOTH OF WHICH CAN BE FOUND IN THE STAFF HANDBOOK.