HNC Student Guiliana Gizzi Experience
“Stay consistent. You will hear ‘no’ a thousand times, but eventually someone will say ‘yes’!”
We spoke to Guiliana Gizzi (glam_by_gg), one of our HNC students, about her time here at GlamCandy.
“My experience at GlamCandy has been so nice. I’ve been able to push myself out of my comfort zone and met a lot of new friends within the industry.”
Guiliana told us that meeting so many people on the course has allowed her to get great advice, especially from the tutors. She said overall her experience on our HNC course has been a really nice 6 months.
Guiliana always had an interest in Makeup Artistry, she heard about GlamCandy through a friend which led her to our social media platforms and marketing. This intrigued her so she decided to go for it as she finally had the time after completing her university course in primary school teaching. She enrolled in our HNC course because she wanted to be a qualified Makeup Artist. Her end goal is to be able to brand herself as this, a qualified artist, and to stay consistent within the industry. She mentioned that she would eventually like to branch out into teaching Makeup Artistry once she is qualified.
“I love the professional environment of photoshoots and the feedback I receive from my tutors. I’m always able to improve”.
Guiliana said if she could pick one celebrity to do makeup for it would be Kylie Jenner. Her go to product in her makeup kit is KylieCosmetics “we’re going shopping” blusher. If she could pick one influencer to do makeup for it would be Laura Anderson from Love Island. With having makeup as her hobby, Guiliana also loves seeing her friends and spending time with her family, travelling and weekends away.
In 5 years time Guiliana can see herself busier than ever, hopefully teaching and involved in a lot of fun activities relating to the industry such as fashion week and working with celebrities and influencers. Her current favourite style of makeup is bridal, glowy, dewy, bronzed soft glam. This is the style of makeup she seen herself pursuing her career in but now, with having more experience and being much more confident in her work, Guiliana can see herself working in multiple areas of the industry.
10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? – Margarita
- What’s something you always travel with? – Phone
- What’s your guilty pleasure? – Takeaway
- Who was your first celebrity crush? – Zac Efron
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? – That I’m Italian
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? – Snake print
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – Read people’s minds
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #glam
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? – Childhood Teddy
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? – Manchester