HNC Student Freya’s Experience
Freya has been studying HNC Fashion Makeup here at GlamCandy and feels her experience is completely different to how she thought it would be, but in the best way possible!
“I didn’t think I would learn as much as I have, for example all the decades and learning about actually working in the industry which you can’t find on YouTube. The tutors have taught us life experience and a range of things you can do with makeup, from the basics to the photoshoots – it’s been great!”
Freya enrolled in the course as she wanted to get involved in editorial makeup for magazines and fashion week. She got a lot of inspiration from Glow Up to go down this route and would like to get more industry experience and eventually go on to do London Fashion Week. Her highlight of the course so far has been the photoshoot they done at WhyNot for Halloween. Freya’s favourite style to learn in this course has been the Editorial looks and focusing on the decades. For example, learning about some of the biggest icons such as Twiggy and Cher and how they done their makeup, she said it was fascinating to see the similarities that are still there with the techniques we use today.
At the start of the course, Freya was really passionate about wanting to work in a salon, getting girls ready for their big night out and making them feel their best. However, has since found her passion for editorial makeup, she feels this is the route she would like to go down and focus more on magazine shoots. In 5 years time, she would like to be a full time makeup artist and have her work published, where people can see it and she can look back and think “I did that!”
“If i could pick one celebrity to do their makeup it would have to be CHer. I love her, she’s so creative with her makeup and her style, you know it wouldn’t be just your basic glam.”
Outside of makeup, Freya loves singing and enjoys travelling to different countries. She has recently just returned back from Cambodia, where she lived for 3 years. Since her return, she has dived straight into her HNC with GlamCandy so feels like she’s still on a high from her travels and going non stop.
“Just believe in yourself, you have to give to get so if you only give half your effort you’ll only receive half back, so dive in and give it 100%.”
Freya’s Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Pina Colada
- What’s something you always travel with? Contour Stick
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Lazy days – doing nothing then feeling bad about it
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Dylan O’Brien
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I was a Nursery teacher for 2 years
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Cut Crease – I don’t really like them
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleport
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Savage
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Baby blanket
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Australia