HNC Student Chantelle’s Experience
Chantelle (@chantellefairbairn_mua) is currently studying HNC Fashion Makeup here at GlamCandy and is loving her experience. Chantelle enrolled in the course as she has always been interested in makeup, she completed the 5-week course with GlamCandy originally and felt like this was just a taster for things to come. The highlight of the course so far, has been meeting new people and feels she has definitely met some friends for life.
“I love learning all the tips and tricks that you can’t get taught on YouTube, it just puts everything into perspective and makes techniques a lot easier to understand.”
Before enrolling into the course, Chantelle always seen herself being a Glam makeup artist and this has also been her favourite style to learn. In the next 5 years, she’s hoping to complete her HND Makeup Artistry, followed by having a change in career and doing makeup full time. Ideally, she would like to be working on TV and movie sets, or behind the scenes on theatre productions. Photoshoots are also something that Chantelle is interested in, she said “Literally anything makeup related. Just doing makeup and making money from it!”
“I’ve always loved doing makeup and being creative, I never realised how terrible I was at eyeshadow before I learned from the tutors. Tips such as the reverse blending made me realise where I was going wrong. I just wish I done this when I was younger, I’ve always been passionate about makeup.”
Outside of makeup, Chantelle likes to go out long walks, hikes – anything active and she’s there. If she could pick one celebrity to do their makeup she would love to do Kylie Jenners. We asked Chantelle if she could give some advice to aspiring makeup artists looking to start their makeup journey which she said “Just go for it! I would recommend GlamCandy to anyone that has been thinking about it. Bite the bullet and go for it – I can assure you, you won’t regret it.”
Chantelle’s Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? French Martini or Pornstar Martini
- What’s something you always travel with? PLouise Lip Conditioner
- What’s your guilty pleasure? True Crime Documentaries
- Who was your first celebrity crush? John Travolta
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? “I’ve had grey hairs since I was 16 – they’re not noticeable though!”
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Wavy eyebrows and the wavy lips trend.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleporting
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Indecisive
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? My tiger teddy called Fluffy.
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Somewhere abroad – maybe New Zealand?