Kim Young’s Experience On Our HNC Course
Our student Kim Young (@xxmakeup_by_kimxx) told us about her time so far with us here at GlamCandy.
Kim told us she always wanted to get into makeup. She decided to study with GlamCandy from the amazing feedback she heard from her friends.
“I wanted to build on my experiences within makeup and learn more. My end goal is to run my own business and I feel my time at GlamCandy will help me do that”
Kim has really been enjoying our HNC course so far, she told us that she is really enjoying the content overall on the course and has made a lot of new friendships.
“THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE COURSE FOR ME HAS BEEN PRACTICING DIFFERENT LOOKS ON EVERYONE IN CLASS AND BUILDING MY EXPERIENCE”
Kim has always seen herself being a freelance artist and working in a salon. In 5 years time she hopes to have her own business up and running and hopefully her own salon. As well as makeup being one of Kim’s hobbies, she also loves singing, acting and dancing. Her “go-to” product in her makeup kit is the Elf hydro-grip primer, she told us it keeps your makeup on all day. Definitely one we should all try.
“My dream client would be James Charles, I love his makeup looks”
James Charles is a makeup artist who started out by creating tutorials on his YouTube channel. Since then, he has worked with many different makeup brands, the main one being Morphe who he collaborated with to create an eyeshadow palette. Now, he is a very well establish artist who has worked with celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner and Paris Hilton.
We asked Kim what advice she would give someone who is considering a makeup career.
“If you are considering makeup, go for it and do what is best for you, make sure you pay attention and you are listening to the details when receiving demos”
Kim’s 10 Quick Fire Questions
- What’s your favourite makeup brand? Elf
- What’s something you always travel with? Phone
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Spaghetti Bolognese
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Justin Bieber
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I’ve got 8 brothers
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? The 10 pumps of foundation girl on TikTok
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleportation
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #glam
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Teddy bear from when I was just born
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Alicante