Graduate Katy Takes On Arnold Clark Campaign
Katy has just graduated from HNC Fashion Makeup, and has got to experience first hand what it’s like to be on set for a campaign. Katy Lewis (@katylewisartistry) first took to the course as she was a looking for a career change and makeup has always been a passion of hers. A highlight being learning from all the tutors, who she advised were fantastic and encouraging to be around.
She has always had a creative side as she attended art school when she first left school. She is now committed to bringing her creative side back through the art of makeup. Katy has loved learning the Editorial styles and the Final look unit was her favourite, this is due to it allowing her to be as imaginative as she can be.
“Reach out to as many people as you can for experience, you might get knock backs but someone will give you chance. Your confidence will build the more you practice and more experience you get. I also highly recommend getting to work beside someone as its great to assist and learn from them too – just put yourself out there!”
During her studies, she reached out to a local makeup artist, who took her onboard to attend some events together and gain more work experience. Jenna Clayton, who specialises in Bridal and Commercial makeup, brought Katy to assist with some weddings first. Katy then got the opportunity to assist Jenna with the makeup on an Arnold Clark campaign and feels it’s really opened her eyes. Overall a fantastic day and experience, she had the opportunity to network with different people from different occupations and it has gave her a taste of what’s to come.
Before starting with GlamCandy, Katy never had a clear path in regards to where she seen herself end up. She wanted to remain openminded throughout the full course and organically let it develop to see what would suit her best. Her favourite style to do is “no makeup – makeup” so could see herself going down the Bridal and Editorial path, however, she wouldn’t say no to an opportunity to be creative. London Fashion Week is also on her to-do list, to be able to see her work walk down the runway would be a dream!
If Katy got the chance, she would love to do Heidi Klum’s makeup, the yearly highlight is waiting to see what she is going as for Halloween so this could definitely be a fun look. She would also love to do Jamie Genevieve because she’s very relatable and a true inspiration.
Katy’s Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Cosmopolitan
- What’s something you always travel with? AirPods
- What’s your guilty pleasure? RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Michael Jackson
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I’ve met Hillary Clinton
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? No socks with shoes
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Flying
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Chatterbox
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Teddy that was called Windy – because he winds up
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Dornoch – beside the sea