Lauren’s HNC and HND Experience
Lauren has been with us here at GlamCandy throughout both her HNC Fashion Makeup and HND Makeup Artistry. She enrolled into the HND course to expand her skillset and open up her options, creating an endless list of oppertunities in the makeup industry. She feels she has made friends for life that are in the industry, and they help each other to grow together.
Lauren’s favourite style to learn has been Editorial and Runway, due to being able to get as creative as you can with these looks.
“Before starting with GlamCandy, I had always seen myself working in a salon, and then hopefully leading to owning my own salon. Since completing my HNC and going into my HND, this has changed and I now see myself working more on Photoshoots and Fashion shows, TV and Film sets or doing Theatrical makeup.”
In 5 years time, she hopes to have made a name for herself being successful in the makeup industry and doing makeup for photoshoots and fashion shows. She also hopes to grow her social media to help reach a wider audience. If Lauren could pick a celebrity to do their makeup it would have to be Ella Henderson or Mimi Webb. This is due to them being her favourite singers.
“If I could give a bit of advice for anyone considering starting their makeup journey, is to not compare yourself to other makeup artists.”
Lauren’s 10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Passionfruit Martini
- What’s something you always travel with? Powerbank
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Taking naps for 2-3 hours
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Cameron Boyce when he was in Jessie
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I always wanted to be a paramedic
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Sharpie block brows!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Invisibility
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #MumsDouble
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Baby blanket
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? New York