HND Student Caitlin Donnachie
Caitlin Donnachie (@caitlindonnachiemua), is currently studying HND Makeup Artistry here at GlamCandy. She is really enjoying her course so far, the highlight being meeting new people and being part of a close, supportive community. Caitlin enrolled in the course as it kept coming up on her Facebook and felt like it was something that she would really enjoy, so just decided dive right in and go for it! Her favourite part of the course has been meeting new people – from the students to the tutors and outsiders coming in to assist with photoshoots. She loves learning new techniques and doing the photoshoots during her course, its an experience she’ll never forget!
“my favourite style to learn has been the characters unit, finding out how to do different tricks and techniques that can also be applied on your day to day makeup, plus all the added extras that come with the unit.”
Before starting with GlamCandy, Caitlin felt she wanted to be involved in makeup but wasn’t exactly sure what route she was hoping to take. Now, having a feel for different styles and with the knowledge on what routes she can take, she wants to be involved in TV and music video sets. She is also interested in celebrity makeup and potentially doing some photoshoots for magazines.
In 5 years time, Caitlin hopes to be doing anything makeup related, she is considering freelancing or anything that gives her the opportunity to apply her skills she has developed. If Caitlin could pick a celebrity who she would love to be able to do Doja Cat’s makeup. Her advise to anyone thinking about starting makeup as their career would be to just go for it!
Caitlin’s Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Sex On The Beach
- What’s something you always travel with? Headphones, always!
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Tik Tok
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Li Shang, from Mulan
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I have tattoos…
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Low rise jeans
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would love to teleport
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #MulanStan
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? First teddy
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Anywhere sunny