HNC Student Connor Clarke
We sat down with one of our February starts, Connor Clarke (@looksbyconnor), who is studying our HNC course and asked him about his time with us a GlamCandy.
“My time at GlamCandy has exceeded my expectations”
Connor was made redundant at his job and wanted to figure out a new life path for himself. Makeup had always been in the back of his mind, but he kept putting it off.
“I HAVE AN ACTING BACKGROUND AND HAVE ALWAYS FELT AS tHOUGH I AM A CREATIVE PERSON, SO I WANTED TO STAY IN THAT INDUSTRY”
Connor didn’t see a vision for himself as a Makeup Artist before studying with us at GlamCandy but knew he wanted to stay in the creative industry. Now, after a few weeks on our HNC course, he can see himself on location with a TV or Film production. His end goal is to work in theatre, film or TV. He told us that the highlight of his HNC course has been the in-depth demos from his tutors in class
“I am a visual learner so the demos have been extremely helpful for me, they are really interesting to watch”
As well as makeup being a hobby of his, Connor also loves reading and is a total movie and TV buff. His “go-to” products in his kit are Maybelline foundation, PLouise base and the BPerfect x The Vivienne Sceptre eyeshadow palette.
“MY FAVOURITE STYLE OF MAKEUP TO LEARN IS CREATIVE MAKEUP, MORE SPECIFICALLY DRAG”
Connor’s dream clients would be Lady Gaga and Trixie Mattel. He knows he could produce creative work on them and make them glow.
Connor told us that he had spoken to friends that had studied with us previously and they always gave 5-star feedback. This pushed him to pursue his career in makeup and enrol in our HNC course. So, we asked him what advice he would give people who are considering Makeup Artistry as a career.
“Take the leap, you could keep making excuses up for years so take the leap and you’ll land on your feet”.
Connor’s 10 Quick Fire Questions
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Cosmo
- What’s something you always travel with? Book in the bag
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Bling Empire
- Who was your first celebrity crush? John Barrowman
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I used to live on a double decker bus for 2 years
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? Love Island
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Witchcraft
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #queen
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? Dog puppet
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Rome