HND Student Dawn’s Experience
We recently sat down with Dawn McGlasson (@makeupby_dawn), who is currently studying HND Makeup Artistry here at GlamCandy. Dawn is currently loving her time here and has carried on her studies from doing her HNC Fashion Makeup, as she wanted to go on and learn more about SFX and Prosthetics
She has loved meeting new people from the course and feels her class is just like one big family, they regularly meet up for lunch and drinks outside the college. Her favourite style to learn so far has been the Character Unit – where you develop skills of character makeup for use in TV, Film and Theatre.
“I’ve always seen myself working in a fast paced environment. With developing my studies through GlamCandy, I could now see myself working on TV sets. The plan is to start with BBC programmes and try work my way up to Netflix, or something along those lines at least.”
– Dawn McGlassan
Outside makeup, Dawn likes to play guitar and cook. If she could pick one celebrity to do their makeup she would jump at the chance of doing Lizzo’s.
We asked her what piece of advise would she give to people considering starting their makeup journey:
“Just go for it, don’t wait around and get straight into it – you’ll know really quickly if its for you or not so what do you have to lose?”
Dawn’s 10 Quick Fire Questions:
- What’s your favourite cocktail? Strawberry Daiquiri
- What’s something you always travel with? AirPods
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Proud of them all – I have no shame!
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Brandon Lee
- What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I’m ambidextrous
- What trend would you like to disappear forever? 100 layers of makeup
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Magnetic Mastery – like Magneto from X-Men
- Describe yourself in a hashtag #Scorpio
- What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? I still have my children’s book “Folk of the Faraway Tree”
- Where would you want to live, beside where you are just now? Prague